2017 PHOTOS, PRESENTATIONS, EVENTS
2nd Annual SoCal Thanksgiving PHOTO
Sat., Nov. 25, 2017 @ 2:30pm.
A new Thanksgiving tradition! – Arroyo del Sol, a clothing-optional Bed & Breakfast near Pasadena, CA is again hosting a private photo on their lovely, private property — because we had such a fun time in 2016. All are welcome to join this fun, outdoor art-making experience, creating a “TreeSpirit” photo with TreeSpirit founder, Jack Gescheidt.
Each participant receives a digital version of the final photo. Prints of the final photograph will be made available for purchase, which supports TreeSpirit’s mission.
Treat yourself to 3 days & nights with TreeSpirit founder Jack Gescheidt and a small group of fellow tree lovers among the biggest trees on Earth.
June 21-24, 2018
Sept. 6-9, 2018
TreeSpirit emails you only an avg. once per 2-3 weeks. The list is never shared nor sold. Not ever.
• EXHIBITIONS: HERE
• Suggest a specific tree or forest to protect: HERE.
• Have a great idea for a TreeSpirit event? Use the form below:
Jack Gescheidt, Founder
PREVIOUS EVENTS (in gray)
MAKE TreeSpirit PHOTOS with Jack Gescheidt @ “SoulPlay FallFest”
Lair of the Golden Bear, Pinecrest, CA (3 hr. drive from SF)
Sept. 15-17, 2017, 1pm Friday to 5pm Sunday
A soulful community gathering in the stunning natural setting of the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains of California — perfect for new TreeSpirit group photos I’ll be making there! SoulPlay FallFest includes workshops, ecstatic dance, live & DJ’d music, outdoor yoga and meditation, warm & hot pools, and healthy food — all in the restorative, invigorating natural surroundings at 5,600-ft elevation at this rustic Tuolumne County retreat 40 miles NW of Yosemite Nat’l Park.
For 2017, SoulPlay FallFest is expanding to include families and children, so more people of all ages can enjoy heart-opening connections, outdoor play, and the inevitable inner renewal that comes from simply being outside in nature.
Jack’s TreeSpirit photo opportunities over the 3 days are open and welcoming to all body shapes, sizes, colors, ages & genders. The only requirement is to feel an attraction to, or affection for, trees and nature — and want to express this with your body.
SEE gallery of TreeSpirit photographs
Each participant receives a digital version of the photos. Prints are available for purchase, discounted for participants. All proceeds support TreeSpirit’s mission.
GET SPECIAL TreeSpirit DISCOUNT – SAVE $20 with code: TREESPIRIT http://soulplayfallfest.com/tickets
“What The Health” doc. film 1-night-only screening
“What The Health” is the new, daring documentary from the makers of “Cowspiracy.”
Join TreeSpirit founder Jack Gescheidt for a 1-night-only screening — followed by audience discussion — of Big Pharma’s and Big Ag’s affects on YOUR health, your family’s health, and America’s health. Be empowered — learn what’s really going on and what you can do about it.
**SPECIAL GUEST added: Dr. Alan Goldhamer, DC, founder of The True North Health Center in Santa Rosa, CA, interviewed in the film, will join us for the Q&A afterwards!
WATCH TRAILER: HERE.
$12 advance tickets ONLY, no tickets at the door!
Join Jack on a 9-day clothing-optional cruise* aboard the Celebrity Pride cruise ship, with 2,000 of the friendliest, least uptight, most fun-loving people you’ll ever meet. Enjoy people, sun, sea — and tree — lovers for 9 days.
Jack will make large, group TreeSpirit photographs at one or more of the private island destinations along the way. Then see these new TreeSpirit photographs, and more, in Jack’s at-sea presentations.
*What IS a “clothing-optional” cruise, you ask? LEARN MORE.
Are Eucalyptus Trees Going To Kill Us All?!
So shouldn’t we kill them all first?
Open Secret Community Center,
923 C St. (betw. 3rd & 4th St.) San Rafael, CA
7:00-9:30PM, Sat., Jan. 27, 2016
Join TreeSpirit founder Jack Gescheidt for a timely presentation — with audience discussion — of issues involved in the ongoing programs in the SF Bay Area —and nationwide — to kill so-called “invasive species,” including cutting down hundreds of thousands of eucalyptus trees in the Bay Area.
• What is a “native”species – is there any such thing?
• “invasives,” and “invasions;”
• the “flammability” of eucalyptus trees – hazard or hype?
• “Invasion Biology” and its roots;
• why these phrases necessitate quotation marks; their inconcise meanings;
• arguments for and against all of the above
• the infamous 1991 Oakland-Berkeley hills fire — its causes and chance of recurrence
• audience Q&A— your involvement is encouraged
$10 Advance tickets, call Open Secret: 415-457-4191. $15 at the door. Proceeds support The TreeSpirit Project and Open Secret Community Center.
PHOTO EVENT: TreeSpirit in SoCal
TreeSpirit GROUP PHOTO by Jack Gescheidt at Arroyo del Sol clothing-optional Bed & Breakfast, Altadena, CA (near Pasadena). All are welcome to join this fun, outdoor art-making experience, creating a “TreeSpirit” photograph with TreeSpirit founder, Jack Gescheidt.
Each participant receives a digital version of the final photo. A Fine Art Print of the final photograph will be made available for purchase, which supports TreeSpirit’s mission.
WHERE & WHEN: Friday., Nov. 25, 3pm @ Arroyo del Sol, Altadena, CA.
3:30PM Sunday, November 13, 2016
San Francisco, CA Green Festival
November 11, 12, 13, 2016
WHERE: Pier 35, The Embarcadero, SF, CA 94133
3-day expo: Fri, Sat., Sun., Nov. 11, 12, 13.
HOURS: Fri 12-6pm / Sat 10am-6pm / Sun 10am-5pm
America’s largest, longest-running sustainability and green living expos are Green Festivals: vibrant, dynamic community marketplaces where companies and orgs showcase green products & services, where people learn how to live healthier, more environmentally sustainable lives.
PHOTO EVENT: Sat., Oct. 8, 2016, 5pm – Laguna del Sol
GROUP TreeSpirit PHOTOGRAPH with Jack Gescheidt at Laguna del Sol clothing-optional resort in Wilton, CA. All were welcome to join this fun, outdoor adventure: creating a large “TreeSpirit” photo with environmental artist Jack Gescheidt, TreeSpirit’s founder.
PHOTO EVENT: Sat., July 30, 2016, 4pm – Lupin Lodge
GROUP TreeSpirit PHOTOGRAPH with Jack Gescheidt at Lupin Lodge clothing-optional resort in Los Gatos, CA. All were welcome to join this fun, outdoor adventure: creating a large “TreeSpirit” photo with environmental artist Jack Gescheidt, TreeSpirit’s founder.
Hundreds of thousands of healthy trees are being targeted for destruction; SF East Bay forests that nurture you, your children and your grandchildren. Thousands of gallons of Monsanto Roundup and Dow Garlon are included, to poison plants, land, waterways, children, adults, pets, and wildlife.
Jack Gescheidt Tour / Talk: Sunday, August 7, 2016, 4pm
“Signpost 29″ TOUR #2, Berkeley, CA. At mile marker 29, on Claremont Ave., in Claremont Canyon, Berkeley, CA.
JOIN Jack Gescheidt, TreeSpirit’s founder, to see for yourself what a massive deforestation plan, under the guise of “habitat restoration” and “fire danger mitigation,” looks like.
DIRECTIONS: MEET 4pm at “Signpost 29,” a mile marker on Claremont Ave. approx. 1.4 miles uphill/east on Claremont Ave. from the Claremont Hotel. (1/2-mile downhill/west of Grizzly Peak Blvd.) Parking is limited, so arrive early. Wear shoes with good tread for dirt fire road/trails.
LEARN MORE about the 450,000-tree clearcuts & herbicides plan for over 2,000 acres of Berkeley & Oakland hillsides.
• Jack Gescheidt Presentation:
“Why Loving Trees Will Save Our Souls — and Our Asses.”
2016 Soil Not Oil Conference, Richmond Memorial Civic Center Plaza, 403 Civic Center Plaza, Richmond, CA, 94804.
Drummond Room. August 6, 2016 (5pm)
• Jack Gescheidt presents “The Forest & The Sea of Stumps” documentary short film by Doug Prose. Richmond Public Library Main Branch, 325 Civic Center Plaza, Richmond, CA, 94804. Followed by discussion.
Part of The Soil Not Oil Conference. August 3, 2016
• Jack Gescheidt “Signpost 29” Tour #1, Claremont Ave., Berkeley, CA. “Restoration” – or forest clearcut?
See for yourself a sample of the massive deforestation and herbicides plan looks like, where a healthy, dense eucalyptus forest once grew. Thousands of trees were destroyed by UC Berkley, under the guise of “habitat restoration” and “fire danger mitigation.” 10am, Sunday, July 24, 2016
• Jack Gescheidt emcees Community Presentation to Save 450,000 SF Bay Area trees, @ Berkeley Fellowship of Unitarian Universalists, Berekely, CA. Speakers include: TreeSpirit Project founder Jack Gescheidt, documentary filmmaker Doug Prose, Hills Conservation Network President Dan Grassetti, former Chief of Fire Prevention at Oakland, CA Army Base Dave Maloney, Connie Barker of the Environmental Health Network’s Connie Barker, and more. 6:30-9pm, Sunday, July 10, 2016
• Jack Gescheidt TreeSpirit PRESENTATION @ NYC, NY, Green Festival (Jacob Javits Convention Center)
4:30pm, Sat., April 16, 2016
• Jack Gescheidt TreeSpirit PRESENTATION @ Portland, OR, Green Festival (Oregon Convention Center)
2:30pm, Sat., Dec. 12, 2015
• Jack Gescheidt TreeSpirit PRESENTATION @ San Francisco, CA, Green Festival, 2:30pm, Sat., Nov. 14, 2015
• 450,000-TREE DEFORESTATION Expert Panel Presentation with AUDIENCE Q&A
7-10pm Thursday, November 19, 2015
Oakland Center for Spiritual Living, 5000 Clarewood Drive, Oakland, CA 94618
A panel of experts with decades of experience and in-depth knowledge of the plan to cut down 450,000 trees in the Oakland and Berekeley hills, then use thousands of gallons of herbicides (Dow Garlon™ & Monsanto Roundup™) on the stumps for years following, will detail its history, evolution and details, and then answer your questions. READ CLEARCUT PLAN DETAILS.
1-HOUR AUDIENCE Q&A – to get your questions answered about this BIG PLAN most citizens know little about.
1) Dave Maloney, former Chief of Fire Prevention at Oakland Army Base;
2) Dan Grassetti, founder of The Hills Conservation Network;
3) Peter Gray Scott, 1991 Oakland hills fire survivor who instigated The Grand Jury investigation of that fire
MODERATOR: Jack Gescheidt, TreeSpirit Project founder
7-10pm, Thurs. Nov. 19, 2015 @ The Oakland Center for Spiritual Living, 5000 Clarewood Drive, Oakland, CA 94618.
The Center is available for community service events with a range of views and opinions. Not all views and opinions expressed at events reflect the Center’s.
• PRESENTATION by Jack Gescheidt:
“Are Eucalyptus Trees Going To Kill Us All!?
So shouldn’t we kill them all first?”
Open Secret Community Center,
San Rafael, CA
7:30-9:30PM, Sat., Aug. 15, 2015
• “native” vs. “non-native species;”
• “invasives,” and “invasions;”
• “flammable eucalyptus trees;”
• “Invasion Biology” and;
• why all these phrases necessitate quotation marks — learn why their meanings are anything but clear;
• arguments for and against the heated 450,000-tree “hazardous trees removal” and “vegetation management” plan in the East Bay hills
• the infamous 1991 Oakland-Berkeley hills fire — its causes and how to prevent its recurrence
• audience Q&A; your involvement is encouraged
Open Secret Community Center & Bookstore
#923 C St. (betw. 3rd & 4th St., 3 blocks from the Rafael Film Center)
San Rafael, CA 94941
$10 Advance Tickets: call Open Secret w. credit card: 415.457.4191
$15 at the door
• Jack Gescheidt TreeSpirit PRESENTATION @ “RAW Artists” show, San Francisco, CA
Thursday, May 8, 2014
• Jack Gescheidt TreeSpirit PRESENTATION aboard The Paul Gauguin cruise ship to Fijian Islands in the South Pacific.
May 31-to-June 14, 2014