Jack Gescheidt TreeSpirit PRESENTATION
Portland, OR Green Festival
2:30pm, Sat., Dec. 12, 2015
WHERE: Oregon Convention Center, 777 NE MLK Jr. Blvd, Portland, OR 07232.
3-day Festival runs: Fri, Sat., Sun., Dec. 11, 12, 13, 2015
HOURS: Fri: 12-6pm; Sat: 10am-6pm; Sun: 10am-5pm
America’s largest, longest-running sustainability and green living events are Green Festivals; vibrant, dynamic community marketplaces where companies and orgs showcase green products & services, where people learn how to live healthier, more environmentally sustainable lives.
Portland, OR is the newest addition to the Green Festival tour, and is literally one of the greenest cities in the U.S. — with more than 10,510 acres of parkland. And Portlanders recycle 63% of their waste, America’s highest city rate, and the nation’s highest percentage of bicycle commuters.
GENERAL INFO: http://greenfestivals.org/portland/portland-2015
Join TreeSpirit founder Jack Gescheidt and a small group of fellow tree and nature lovers for 3 unforgettable days & nights among the giant sequoias of California. Included in the trip fee is a 20×30″ canvas print of a new TreeSpirit photograph made during the trip starring YOU. LEARN MORE on Giant Sequoias Experience PAGE.
The TreeSpirit email list goes out once every 3 weeks and is never shared with anyone. Not ever.
• EXHIBITIONS: CLICK HERE
• Suggest a specific tree or forest to protect: HERE.
• Have a great idea for a TreeSpirit event? Use the form below:
Jack Gescheidt, Founder
Expert Panel Presentation
with AUDIENCE Q&A
7-10pm Thursday, November 19, 2015
Oakland Center for Spiritual Living, 5000 Clarewood Drive, Oakland, CA 94618
A panel of experts with decades of experience and in-depth knowledge of the plan to cut down 450,000 trees in the Oakland and Berekeley hills, then use thousands of gallons of herbicides (Dow Garlon™ & Monsanto Roundup™) on the stumps for years following, will detail its history, evolution and details, and then answer your questions.
READ CLEARCUT PLAN DETAILS.
1-HOUR AUDIENCE Q&A – Ample time will be provided to get your questions answered about this BIG PLAN most citizens know so little about.
1) Dave Maloney, former Chief of Fire Prevention at Oakland Army Base;
2) Dan Grassetti, founder of The Hills Conservation Network;
3) Peter Gray Scott, 1991 Oakland hills fire survivor who instigated The Grand Jury investigation of that fire
MODERATOR: Jack Gescheidt, TreeSpirit Project founder
WHEN & WHERE: 7-10pm, Thurs. Nov. 19, 2015 @ The Oakland Center for Spiritual Living, 5000 Clarewood Drive, Oakland, CA 94618.
The Center is available for community service events with a range of views and opinions. Not all views and opinions expressed at events reflect the Center’s.
DOWLOAD & PRINT EVENT FLYER: CLICK HERE
PRESENTATION by Jack Gescheidt:
“Are Eucalyptus Trees Going To Kill Us All!? So shouldn’t we kill them all first?”
Open Secret Community Center,
San Rafael, CA
7:30-9:30PM, Sat., Aug. 15, 2015
• “native” vs. “non-native species;”
• “invasives,” and “invasions;”
• “flammable eucalyptus trees;”
• “Invasion Biology” and;
• why all these phrases necessitate quotation marks — learn why their meanings are anything but clear;
• arguments for and against the heated 450,000-tree “hazardous trees removal” and “vegetation management” plan in the East Bay hills
• the infamous 1991 Oakland-Berkeley hills fire — its causes and how to prevent its recurrence
• audience Q&A; your involvement is encouraged
Open Secret Community Center & Bookstore
#923 C St. (betw. 3rd & 4th St., 3 blocks from the Rafael Film Center)
San Rafael, CA 94941
$10 Advance Tickets: call Open Secret w. credit card: 415.457.4191
$15 at the door