2016 PRESENTATIONS & PHOTOS
Sunday, August 28, 2pm-4pm
Jack Gescheidt Presentation:
Why are Berkeley & Oakland forests being cut down and herbicided? And what you can do about it!
Save our precious East Bay forests for you, your children and your grandchildren to enjoy. Keep thousands of gallons of Monsanto Roundup and Dow Garlon from poisoning plants, land, waterways, children, adults, pets, and wildlife.
LEARN MORE about the plans to cut down over 450,000 healthy trees, and spread herbicides over 2,000 acres of Berkeley & Oakland hillsides for the next ten years (!) ON THIS WEBSITE.
WHEN: 2pm-4pm, Sunday, August 28, 2016.
WHERE: Redwood Gardens Apartments Community Room, 2951 Derby St. (at Claremont Blvd (NOT Claremont Ave.; also near Belrose Ave.), Berkeley, CA.
Saturday, October 8, 5-6pm
Jack Gescheidt TreeSpirit GROUP PHOTOGRAPH at Laguna del Sol clothing-optional resort, Wilton, CA (SE of Sacramento). All are welcome to join this fun, outdoor adventure: creating the next large “TreeSpirit” photograph with environmental artist Jack Gescheidt, TreeSpirit’s founder.
All body shapes, sizes and ages are appreciated. Each participant receives a digital version of the final photo. Optional purchase of a Fine Art Print supports TreeSpirit’s mission. http://www.lagunadelsol.com
Monday, October 17, 7-9pm
2016 Giant Sequoias Experiences
Sierra Nevada Mountains, CA.
Sept. 8-11, 2016 (Thursday 6pm to Sunday 6pm)
Join TreeSpirit founder Jack Gescheidt and a small group of fellow tree and nature lovers for 3 unforgettable days & nights among giant sequoias of California. Included in the trip fee is a 20×30″ canvas print of a new TreeSpirit photograph made on the trip, starring YOU.
LEARN MORE: Giant Sequoias Experience PAGE.
2017 Giant Sequoias Experiences: June 22-25 & Sept. 7-10, 2017
Jack Gescheidt PRESENTATION
“Why Loving Trees Will Save Our Souls — and Our Asses”
San Francisco, CA Green Festival
November 11, 12, 13, 2016
WHERE: Pier 35 (Fisherman’s Wharf), SF, CA.
3-day expo: Fri, Sat., Sun., Nov. 11, 12, 13.
HOURS: Fri 12-6pm, Sat 10am-6pm, Sun 10am-5pm
America’s largest, longest-running sustainability and green living expos are Green Festivals: vibrant, dynamic community marketplaces where companies and orgs showcase green products & services, where people learn how to live healthier, more environmentally sustainable lives.
TreeSpirit email is about once every 3 weeks. The list is never shared nor sold. Not ever.
• EXHIBITIONS: HERE
• Suggest a specific tree or forest to protect: HERE.
• Have a great idea for a TreeSpirit event? Use the form below:
Jack Gescheidt, Founder
Sunday, August 7, 2016, 4pm
“Signpost 29″ TOUR #2, Berkeley, CA. At mile marker 29, on Claremont Ave., in Claremont Canyon, Berkeley, CA.
JOIN Jack Gescheidt, TreeSpirit’s founder, to see for yourself what a massive deforestation plan, under the guise of “habitat restoration” and “fire danger mitigation,” looks like.
DIRECTIONS: MEET 4pm at “Signpost 29,” a mile marker on Claremont Ave. approx. 1.4 miles uphill/east on Claremont Ave. from the Claremont Hotel. (1/2-mile downhill/west of Grizzly Peak Blvd.) Signpost 29 is on the south (downhill) side of Claremont Ave. Park in dirt pullouts on either side of Claremont Ave. Registration not required, but parking is limited, so arrive early. Wear shoes with good tread for dirt fire road/trails.
Jack Gescheidt presentation:
“Why Loving Trees Will Save Our Souls — and Our Asses.”
2016 Soil Not Oil Conference, Richmond Memorial Civic Center Plaza, 403 Civic Center Plaza, Richmond, CA, 94804.
Drummond Room. August 6, 2016 (5pm)
• Jack Gescheidt presents “The Forest & The Sea of Stumps” documentary short film by Doug Prose. Richmond Public Library Main Branch, 325 Civic Center Plaza, Richmond, CA, 94804. Followed by discussion.
Part of The Soil Not Oil Conference. August 3, 2016
• Jack Gescheidt “Signpost 29” Tour #1, Claremont Ave., Berkeley, CA. “Restoration” – or forest clearcut?
See for yourself a sample of the massive deforestation and herbicides plan looks like, where a healthy, dense eucalyptus forest once grew. Thousands of trees were destroyed by UC Berkley, under the guise of “habitat restoration” and “fire danger mitigation.” 10am, Sunday, July 24, 2016
• Jack Gescheidt emcees Community Presentation to Save 450,000 SF Bay Area trees, @ Berkeley Fellowship of Unitarian Universalists, Berekely, CA. Speakers include: TreeSpirit Project founder Jack Gescheidt, documentary filmmaker Doug Prose, Hills Conservation Network President Dan Grassetti, former Chief of Fire Prevention at Oakland, CA Army Base Dave Maloney, Connie Barker of the Environmental Health Network’s Connie Barker, and more. 6:30-9pm, Sunday, July 10, 2016
• Jack Gescheidt TreeSpirit PRESENTATION @ NYC, NY, Green Festival (Jacob Javits Convention Center)
4:30pm, Sat., April 16, 2016
• Jack Gescheidt TreeSpirit PRESENTATION @ Portland, OR, Green Festival (Oregon Convention Center)
2:30pm, Sat., Dec. 12, 2015
• Jack Gescheidt TreeSpirit PRESENTATION @ San Francisco, CA, Green Festival, 2:30pm, Sat., Nov. 14, 2015
• 450,000-TREE DEFORESTATION Expert Panel Presentation with AUDIENCE Q&A
7-10pm Thursday, November 19, 2015
Oakland Center for Spiritual Living, 5000 Clarewood Drive, Oakland, CA 94618
A panel of experts with decades of experience and in-depth knowledge of the plan to cut down 450,000 trees in the Oakland and Berekeley hills, then use thousands of gallons of herbicides (Dow Garlon™ & Monsanto Roundup™) on the stumps for years following, will detail its history, evolution and details, and then answer your questions. READ CLEARCUT PLAN DETAILS.
1-HOUR AUDIENCE Q&A – to get your questions answered about this BIG PLAN most citizens know little about.
1) Dave Maloney, former Chief of Fire Prevention at Oakland Army Base;
2) Dan Grassetti, founder of The Hills Conservation Network;
3) Peter Gray Scott, 1991 Oakland hills fire survivor who instigated The Grand Jury investigation of that fire
MODERATOR: Jack Gescheidt, TreeSpirit Project founder
7-10pm, Thurs. Nov. 19, 2015 @ The Oakland Center for Spiritual Living, 5000 Clarewood Drive, Oakland, CA 94618.
The Center is available for community service events with a range of views and opinions. Not all views and opinions expressed at events reflect the Center’s.
• PRESENTATION by Jack Gescheidt:
“Are Eucalyptus Trees Going To Kill Us All!?
So shouldn’t we kill them all first?”
Open Secret Community Center,
San Rafael, CA
7:30-9:30PM, Sat., Aug. 15, 2015
• “native” vs. “non-native species;”
• “invasives,” and “invasions;”
• “flammable eucalyptus trees;”
• “Invasion Biology” and;
• why all these phrases necessitate quotation marks — learn why their meanings are anything but clear;
• arguments for and against the heated 450,000-tree “hazardous trees removal” and “vegetation management” plan in the East Bay hills
• the infamous 1991 Oakland-Berkeley hills fire — its causes and how to prevent its recurrence
• audience Q&A; your involvement is encouraged
Open Secret Community Center & Bookstore
#923 C St. (betw. 3rd & 4th St., 3 blocks from the Rafael Film Center)
San Rafael, CA 94941
$10 Advance Tickets: call Open Secret w. credit card: 415.457.4191
$15 at the door
• Jack Gescheidt TreeSpirit PRESENTATION @ “RAW Artists” show, San Francisco, CA
Thursday, May 8, 2014
• Jack Gescheidt TreeSpirit PRESENTATION aboard The Paul Gauguin cruise ship to Fijian Islands in the South Pacific.
May 31-to-June 14, 2014