What’s with all the vegans?
Seems like more and more (human) people are willing to question what they were fed as children — and kept eating into adulthood. Not just what they eat, buy why; educating themselves AND taking responsibility for what they learn, and then taking action upon in learning about the massive abuse we humans subject literally billions of the planet’s innocent, vulnerable, wondrous animals to. The furry, the finned, and the winged all suffer immeasurably when we insist on consuming them, mostly because we were taught to do so as children.
In addition to the misery we subject animals too, feeding billions of animals to billions of humans also does huge environmental damage. And finally, we harm our own health too.
But today there are countless resources to support you easing your conscience — and improving your life. By getting the “die” out of your diet.
Below are a slew of compelling, informative documentary films to inspire & motivate you.
They will educate and empower you to break free of the sickly human herd which is addicted to eating animals out of: 1) habit, 2) convenience, and 3) palate pleasure. On the other side is: 1) a clear conscience; 2) vibrant health, and 3) a livable planet — because eating animals is the largest driver of global warming.
A powerful veil of deception has been spun by Big Meat and Big Dairy industries which profit from keeping you misled and misinformed. Learn the truth of where your food comes from and live a more vibrant, peaceful, healthier and joyous life.
Film focus: ETHICS / MORALITY:
• Dominion documentary film uses drones, hidden and handheld cameras to expose the dark underbelly of modern animal agriculture, questioning the morality and validity of humankind’s dominion over the animal kingdom. While mainly focusing on animals used for food, it also explores other ways animals are exploited and abused by humans, including clothing, entertainment and research.
• Earthlings documentary film: REVIEW EXCERPT [edited]: This documentary opened up my eyes to the way we are programmed to tolerate, accept and ignore animal cruelty in so many different forms. As this continues, we are conditioned to engage in and accept the suffering of our own species such as military torture. Thank you for producing this incredible documentary. We as humanity need to wake up and be the change we wish to see in the world.” — YouTuber @Life-in-Confidence
• Vegucated is an engaging, guerrilla-style documentary that follows 3 meat- and cheese-loving New Yorkers who agree to adopt a vegan diet for 6 weeks and learn what it’s all about. They have no idea that so much more than steak is at stake, and that the planet’s fate may rest on their plates. Lured by tales of weight lost and health regained, they begin to uncover hidden sides of animal agriculture. Before long, they find themselves risking everything to expose an industry they supported just weeks before. But can their convictions carry them through challenges they encounter — like family vacations fraught with skeptical step-dads, carnivorous cousins, and breakfast buffets?
Part sociological experiment and part adventure comedy, Vegucated showcases the rapid and at times comedic evolution of 3 regular people who try their darnedest to change in a culture that seems dead set against it.”
Film focus: HEALTH / DIET:
• Forks Over Knives documentary film: Examines the profound claim that most, if not all, of the chronic diseases that afflict us can be controlled or even reversed by rejecting animal-based and processed foods. The major storyline traces the personal journeys of Dr. T. Colin Campbell, a nutritional biochemist from Cornell University, and Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, a former top surgeon at the world-renowned Cleveland Clinic. On separate paths, their discoveries and groundbreaking research led them to the same startling conclusion: Chronic diseases including heart disease and type-2 diabetes can almost always be prevented—and in many cases reversed—by adopting a whole-food, plant-based diet. The idea of food as medicine is put to the test. The film follows everyday Americans with chronic conditions as they seek to reduce their dependence on medications and learn to use a whole-food, plant-based diet to regain control over their health and their lives.”
• What The Health documentary film: Groundbreaking follow-up film from the creators of the award-winning documentary, Cowspiracy. The film follows intrepid filmmaker Kip Andersen as he uncovers the secret to preventing and even reversing chronic diseases – and investigates why the nation’s leading health organizations don’t want us to know about it. With heart disease and cancer the leading causes of death in America, and diabetes at an all-time high, the film reveals possibly the largest health cover-up of our time. With the help of medical doctors, researchers, and consumer advocates, What the Health exposes the collusion and corruption in government and big business that is costing us trillions of healthcare dollars, and keeping us sick.
• The Game Changers documentary film featuring… high-performance vegan athletes. Animal foods are commonly connected to some of the most prevalent human diseases, including heart disease and cancer. This film features world-class athletes who converted to an entirely plant-based diet — and increased their performance. They discuss and give testimonials to the beneficial effects of a vegan diet, like reducing their cholesterol levels and increasing their heart health. By no longer eating meat and dairy products, these vegan athletes — and you — can reduce the risk of heart disease by 55%.
Despite countless dollars spent on medical research, new drugs and innovative technology to improve our health, more Americans are disabled and dying from chronic disease than ever before.
Featuring leading medical experts and researchers, Eating You Alive takes a scientific look at the reasons we’re so sick, who’s responsible for feeding us the wrong information and how we can use whole-food, plant-based nutrition to take control of our health—one bite at a time.
Film focus: ENVIRONMENT / PLANET:
• Eating Our Way to Extinction documentary film which opens the lid on the elephant in the room no one wants to talk about. Confronting and entertaining this film allows audiences to question their everyday choices, industry leaders and governments.
Featuring a wealth of world-renowned contributors including Sir Richard Branson and Tony Robbins, it has a message of hope that will empower audiences.
• Cowspiracy – An award-winning, ground-breaking feature-length environmental documentary which follows an interpid young filmmaker as he uncovers the most destructive industry affecting the planet today — investigates why the world’s leading environmental organizations won’t advocate or even speak openly about it.
As eye-opening as Blackfish and as inspiring as An Inconvenient Truth, this shocking yet humorous documentary reveals the devastating environmental impact that large-scale factory animal farming, on both land and at sea, has on our planet.
Seaspiracy challenges the notion of ‘sustainable’ fishing and shows how human actions have caused and continue to cause massive marine and environmental destruction.
The storyline follows a filmmaker passionate about ocean life who sets out to document the harm that humans do to ocean species — and uncovers alarming global corruption at sea and on land.
Dairy Is Scary
A modern classic very-short — just 5 min. Learn just about everything you need to know — and didn’t know — about the dairy industry in just 300 seconds!
Compliments of witty, informative Erin Janus who cuts through the advertising and public relations fantasies and deceptions we were all weaned on as children. Parents, teachers, schools and government too were all led around by the nose by the dairy industry. See how.
Milk — it does no body good!
• Gary Yourofsky – “The Most Important Speech” (70 min.) – At Georgia Tech, July 8, 2010 –
Free online help to go vegan — and improve your life.
Woodcut by artist & vegan advocate Sue Com, SueCoe.com